£24K per year
Full time (4 days on, 4 days off rota)
Looking for a local job in a friendly and supportive environment? As a care assistant you will provide care to people in their own homes, helping them live comfortably in their own surroundings. We are currently looking for a permanent member of our care team to join us on a full time, salaried basis.
You don't need care experience for this role as we will provide training, and with CQC ratings of ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ across all branches you’ll get excellent support. The most important part is that you have a caring nature and a real desire to provide a great service to our clients.
A home care visit can last from 30 minutes to several hours and even be day-sits or sleepovers. What all visits have in common is that they make a real difference to our clients’ lives.
Please note, you need a driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
- Personal Care
- Prompting and administering medication
- Getting to know your clients and forming great relationships with them
- Meal preparation
- General household tasks including shopping
We’re looking for:
- A caring, empathetic and respectful attitude
- Driving Licence and own car essential for most visits
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to have a Disclosure Barring service check completed
- You may have been a care assistant, healthcare assistant, domiciliary carer, support worker or similar – but if you have no experience, don’t worry, we provide full training
- Please note, you must have the right to work in the UK, we are unable to provide sponsorship.
- A fixed 4 days on, 4 days off rota
- Company pension
- Supportive team with 24/7 access
- Ongoing training and development
- Health and Social care NVQ
- Free uniform
- 28 days’ holiday (pro rata)
Established more than 20 years ago, we are one of the leading home care providers in the south of England, providing high-quality live-in care and visiting care to vulnerable adults in need. We are committed to delivering the very best in care and all our branches are rated ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission.